Pages

The Storyteller

With the onset of digital books, there has never been a more exciting time for reading, whenever and wherever you happen to be. It has also opened up a more fun way for children's reading material. Although there are still those of us, me included, who love the feel and the smell of an actual paper book in our hands.

I do believe there is a writer in all of us and it takes no special reasoning to realise that from the moment we awake in the morning, we technically begin our own story. There are many of us that record our daily stories in diaries for our own personal outlet, but mainly most of us are unaware that every day we tell a different life story and if we put it all down onto paper, it would probably read like a famous soap opera!

If you could become aware that you are creating your own stories in your daily life and then read them back, would it be a story you would really like to live? Would you change it if you could? These are questions I am asking myself right now and I am giving myself some very interesting answers, along with some great challenges for change! How many books have you read, that you thought could have benefited from certain changes to the plot, to make it more exciting, more fun, more adventurous, perhaps even more romantic? We are certainly very interested in the daily lives of others, whether they happen to be famous or your neighbour next door and the tendency to be judgmental and critical, seems to be one of our undesirable facets.

Perhaps taking more interest in our own lives first, would be far more beneficial and positive, not only to us as individuals, but to others' as a whole. Whether we like it or not, we are not all the same, our likes, dislikes, opinions, ambitions, preferences and even perceptions can be radically different from each-other. I find this extremely interesting and exciting, as it is an opportunity to look at the world from a different perspective and allows the expansion of knowledge and experience that we all crave! Which is why, now and again, I move away from my favourite authors and book topics and try something completely new.

Whilst trawling the bookstores for an 'out of my box' experience, I came across the series of books by Terry Pratchett. I obviously had heard of him, but never have I been drawn towards his books, before now. I took a leap into the unknown, for me that is, and purchased his novel called 'Snuff'. I have no idea what to expect, but am very excited about the unfolding of the story. Hopefully I will be back to share the snippets of my new found genre.

So, whether it is a book based on a true story or purely from the imagination of the writer, or perhaps even your own story, there is nothing more blissful than sitting down with a good book!